2019 Ryan Wells Foundation Scholarship
Requirements to Qualify:
- Graduating students from Dixie Hollins, Lealman, Northeast, Osceola Fundamental, Tarpon Springs, or another Pinellas County High School if dual enrolled at Pinellas Technical College (St.Petersburg or Clearwater) for culinary arts or baking and pastry. Student must have completed 2 years of high school courses or 6 months of dual enrollment at PTC
- High School minimum 2.5 GPA
- Student must enroll in any post-secondary institution* for culinary, baking and pastry and/or hospitality within 1 year of high school graduation.*If you enroll in Johnson & Wales University or Art Institute, your scholarship may be matched up to $5,000 per year. If you enroll in Keiser University, your scholarship may be matched up to $3,000 per year.
- Student involvement in clubs, sports, and/or volunteer organizations in or outside school will be looked upon favorably so notate involvement on application
- Student must complete friendly interview with The Ryan Wells Foundation for final consideration
Deadline to Apply: January 17, 2019 at 11:59pm. No exceptions. We recommend a student begin the application process a minimum of 3 weeks prior to this deadline.
Instructions to Apply:
- Visit https://pinellaseducation.awardspring.com/
- Complete the online application. An application can be saved and opened later to finish.
- After you have completed the application, you should be presented with a list of scholarships in which you meet the criteria. If you have met our criteria, you should see the Ryan Wells Foundation Scholarship in the list presented to you. If you do not find this on your list, please inform Susan Al-Abed at email@example.com.
- In addition to the online application, send the following information by January 17, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: The Ryan Wells Foundation, 3636 Woodridge Place, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
- Name, home address, phone number and email address.
b. 1-2 sentence statement outlining your college plans, including what post-secondary institution(s) you intend to apply to and what degree(s) you are seeking to earn.
c. 300 word essay on your future plans in the culinary or hospitality industry.
d. 1-2 letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer or another adult familiar with your culinary and/or hospitality skills. Letters from school chef instructors or immediate family members will not be accepted.
American Culinary Federation Education Foundation
• Scholarships available for high school students, college students, and professional chefs
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
• Scholarship for post-secondary students studying dietetics
American Hotel & Lodging Association
• Several scholarships for incoming freshman through graduate students, and current hotel employees
• Undergraduate and graduate scholarships for students attending a California institution while studying Nutrition or Culinary Arts
• Undergraduate scholarships for students studying culinary arts, hospitality, dietetics and other related fields.
Achieva Credit Union
• Must be an account holder or create one
James Beard Foundation